Saturday, February 25, 2012

Singer Serger unboxing

So thanks to a series of recent purchases I was able to invest in a better serger, and like a total dork- I decided to do a box opening. So here is the serger I got- it was on super sale for Presidents day and is a 4 thread so I can use it for stretchy fabrics (which my current serger can't handle). The main difference between this serger and the one I currently have is the differential feed (my current three thread doesn't have one). The differential feed helps you feed cloth through the machine so you can sew knits and also make ruffles.

Singer Profinish 745 model

Open it up and it's encased in styrofoam with the manual on top. It's about 50 pages long- but also has Spanish and French if you want to test your dual language skills.


So after taking off the top Styrofoam and I am really happy to see that it is already threaded and has mini spools of thread already in it!




Out of the box! It has suction cup feet.




The inside parts-



This serger (besides being capable of 6 different stitches and being compatible with my juki serger feet) also has a removable storage compartment that when removed, lets you serger arm holes and circles! YAY

The serger also came with an instructional DVD, extra needles, and the standard stuff like tweezers and a screwdriver.


So while this machine was less expensive than any of my other new equipment, I'm hoping the quality will still be good. I haven't messed with it yet, but I got free classes with it, so I can go and learn all the different stitches and what they can do from someone who has used it. I'm sure I will mess with it plenty before then though. Now to magic up some space to put it.

No comments:

Post a Comment