Friday, December 24, 2010

Lolita Holiday!

It's Christmas Eve! So Merry Christmas to all!!
Holidays are kind of a great time for lolitas, since you can get away with wearing it so easily, frills and lace look much less strange on Easter (for example). Christmas is also a holiday where lolita can look designed for the occasion, red velvet or fun Christmas prints look cute and special. Even brands get in on the fun and release designs specifically for holidays. My favorite this year is Angelic Pretty's Holy Night Story line.. (it's the little marching band hat that really gets me).


I really planned on having holiday skirts this year, I have this great holly print I got ages ago that I have all ready to sew, but just keeps sitting on a box. I also tried to do some screen printing on white velvet, very Christmasy right??? But that was kind of an epic fail, just so you know velvet tends to be a very picky medium. I've painted on it before and it just doesn't like to hold color evenly- also velvet likes to get everywhere when you cut it, remember that. The screen print looked great wet, then dried with lots of uneven patches. All that white velvet wasted :(

SO, for fun and because this blog is about me sharing my personality with all of you, here is a list of things I like and things I don't like about the Christmas season.

I Like...
1. presents- oh yes- DUH
2. Being able to unload all my change in the clinky tins in front of Fry's.
3. Weird random people who think that just because it is the holiday season- they can come up and merrily chat with me-- these people make me laugh- they are usually wearing Santa hats.
4. Web comics centered around making fun of Christmas.
5. Lolita Christmas prints
6. Free food at work!
7. The weather in Arizona is FINALLY nice and cool. This means JACKETS!!!
8. Lots of Hot cocoa and fuzzy socks.
9. It's my husbands birthday- although he doesn't like that.
10. Time off!!

I don't like...
1. The fact that the grocery stores are so full of people buying ham that I can't grab a roll of toilet paper without having to stand in line for 20 minutes.
2. Traffic...is ten times worse during Christmas, like everyone is concentrating so hard on buying stuff they forgot how to merge.
3. Feeling obligated to buy every single person you know something to avoid feeling like a non-caring douchebag.
4. People getting mad because you opened the cards you got in the mail before the actual date of Christmas. I do this, get over it.
5. All the damn cake everywhere! Christmas is a giant excuse to get fat.
6. In AZ it never quite feels like Christmas, because it never snows where I live.
7. People who "decorate" for Christmas by disemboweling it all over their lawn. Oh, you know who I'm talking about.
8. Lastly, Christmas music. Not that I hate ALL Christmas music or anything, but every place, everywhere, shoves it down your throat: in stores, in parking lots, doctor's offices...everywhere. If I have to hear about chestnuts roasting one more time I'm going to punch someone, in their chestnuts.

So there you go! Hope you enjoyed reading this and it gave you a little laugh, then you went back to merrily eating your cake..or pie.


XOXOXO
Mikki

P.S. I am doing a fun little photo shoot later today, I will post it up on the facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment