Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The why and how

Since this is our OFFICIAL first blog posting for Poison Sugar- (I swear that pretty soon I will have all this stuff on one site) I thought I should explain why I make the kind of clothing I do. It's not very common and your customer base is smaller, pickier and prefer "Brand" (as in Japanese brands) over me any day. So here is my explanation...

First...read what lolita is if you don't already know...go here ..http://www.lolitafashion.org/what_is_lolita.php

ok, you're more informed..so here is the real! HONEST! TRUTH! I don't sew lolita to make money, if I did I would be very disappointed right now as I'm not rolling in dough. I do it because I love the style, and I wish people were open minded enough to let me wear it everywhere. Unfortunately, we are still looking warily at hipsters...so lolita...don't think it's going to be accepted anytime soon. I love making beautiful things, and that's all. I sell them because... what else am I going to do with them? I started participating in fashion shows because I wanted to share the fun with others. Wearing lolita made me feel like I was sharing on the outside the fun person I was on the inside. Many other lolitas feel this same way. So I'm going to invite you to share your lolita stories, how did you get into it and why do you love it so much?

xoxo
Mikki

No comments:

Post a Comment