Saturday, September 3, 2011

30 day lolita challenge post 6

Day 6 – 10 things you can’t live without in lolita.

1. A petticoat- or three. Without that, the lolita image just isn't there (unless your in kodana, then skip the petti- you'll just look like a weirdo with a petticoat over your pants).




2. Headgear- meaning bows, hats, flowers, tea cup, rabbit, pirate ship... SOMETHING- it seems so plain without something in your hair.







3. Knee high socks- I think knee high socks are best- not to say that tights and shorter socks don't work ( I just like knee high best).


4. Lolita shoes- either rocking horse shoes or cute Mary Janes with a big heel. I like shoes with heels because, well, I'm short. I love boots too, boots with bows and hearts and cute things.


5. Wigs- now I know you might be thinking, "Wigs are not essential to lolita, you silly goose!" but 1. this is lolita according to me, and wigs are necessary and 2. I am not a goose. So yea, I like wigs, a lot, like obsessively.




6. Some lolita clothes (duh)

7. Jewelry- I try not to over do this too much, like one necklace, one bracelet, and two rings is a good max for me. Unless I'm trying to go crazy over the top.



8. Make up- yea....foundation and blush and all that. Not too much though- I want to look done up- not overdone.



9. Purse that matches! I don't think anything looks weirder than a bag that doesn't look the part. My messenger bag is cool and all, but it doesn't scream lolita, not that grey canvas. So yea, I have about 5 bags that I use with lolita.



10. A positive attitude. I think this is something you should always carry with you, but in lolita you will get plenty of weird looks, possibly rude comments or insults and possibly compliments and questions. A positive attitude will help you deal with all of these, in a way that doesn't hurt your knuckles or damage your new rocking horse shoes because you had to kick someone in the rear.

So there ya go, my 10 things.















No comments:

Post a Comment