Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Lolita vs The Classy lady

Alright, so while I was looking for feedback about what kinds of tea parties people want to have, I got some feedback saying that they wished the tea parties were more classy, like actual tea parties with soft music and polite conversations and good posture and all that. The argument was that the rowdy behavior looked bad on lolitas and gave people a bad impression of us, like we are just "people who want to look like little girls." I see why lolitas would want this, especially ones who like classic. It would make for a perfect Victorian themed tea party.

My favorite style however, super sweet, is not very classy. And I don' think anyone will ever look at it and think "wow, that's classy." I also don't' want them to. I'm not classy that way. I'm barely middle class, I wouldn't now what to do at a fancy party like that, I'd probably just feel out of place. I don't worry about making messes and I'll wear my pajamas to the store and I often don't care if my jacket matches my clothes. HOWEVER, class is more than appearances and soft music and fancy dinnerware. Class is how you act, and I don't think that has anything to do with being lolita or not. You can't say that just because you're lolita you're classy. People have their own personalities and are going to be who they are regardless of what they are wearing. So in a way, the people that other people are stereotyping as weirdos, because they are acting like loud obnoxious weirdos, probably are weirdos. And they also don't care that people think that. I'd rather be someone who is approachable, which is not always the case when people first meet me (apparently I'm kind of intimidating or something). But after they get to know me they realize I'm pretty nice. I would rather seem nice than classy any day of the week. And I'm classy in my own way, it's just not the same way as first lady classy.

Where did my point go....oh yea....people are who they are. And sometimes, we're big weirdos in frilly dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment