Monday, February 21, 2011

Wait...another shoe post.

Happy Presidents Day, and what better way to celebrate then with shoes, yea I know, shoes again.

For non lolita related shoes I discovered this place called Wholesale Shoes in Phoenix where all shoes are 9.88 and all boots are under $23. So I went there and it is full of lots of shoes, of all colors and varieties and heel heights. I boot two pairs of boots. Here is the website.

SHOES OF DOOM


For lolita shoes I recently (well not too recently) bought some boots from Ling Lam. I actually bought them the end of December and I got them....Saturday. Yea- and that had nothing to do with Chinese New Year. I ordered them like Dec 31st and they were mailed January 28th and I got them February 19th. And that cost quite a bit, but the post office situation is just bad out there right now (Hong Kong), everything is taking forever. I don't have many complaints because I have purchased shoes from them before, the quality isn't great but good enough for the casual wear I give my boots. The worst thing was my black rocking horse boots.


There was nothing really "wrong" with them, the fit is just really weird and awkward. The zipper is in the back, so when you go to put them on your foot automatically jams the zipper down into the shoe and you have to fight with it. Then it's just really hard to zip over the curves of the back of your foot since the material is so unforgiving. I think if I had bought a larger size I probably wouldn't have had a problem, but it's a little late to know that now, but YOU know it now, so if you want to order these, order them a little bigger. I'm probably going to sell mine to someone with an 8 or 8.5 foot.

So here is my huge annoyance with lolita shoes. Why are they all designed by morons? The only decent ones are rocking horse shoes. All my other shoes it takes me forever to put on and take off. Either the buckles are super tiny and a pain to open OR they have snaps that can wear and loosen so they keep popping when you walk. This could be just an annoyance of mine because of my large feet and calves but bah! I wish decent shoe companies would make some cute lolita shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment